Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Match and Copy to array

I have a question about som things.

Earlier i get this script, and it works fine.

Sub test()
Dim r As Range, txt, ws1 As Worksheet, ws2 As Worksheet
Dim LookUpCell As Range, x
Set ws1 = Sheets("FireWall Rules"): Set ws2 = Sheets("LDAP")
With ws2
For Each r In .Range("b1", .Range("b65536").End(xlUp))
If Not IsEmpty(r) Then
If InStr(r, ";") = 0 Then
Set LookUpCell = ws1.Range("a:a").Find(what:=r.Value,
lookat:=xlWhole)
If Not LookUpCell Is Nothing Then
LookUpCell.Offset(, 1) = r.Offset(, -1).Value
End If
Else
txt = Split(Replace(r, " ", ""), ";")
For Each x In txt
Set LookUpCell =
ws1.Range("a:a").Find(what:=x, lookat:=xlWhole)
If Not LookUpCell Is Nothing Then
LookUpCell.Offset(, 1) = r.Offset(,
-1).Value
End If
Next
Next
Set ws1 = Nothing: Set ws2 = Nothing: Erase txt
End With
End Sub

This script looks in Column A of sheet1 for a certain company name,
search for the same company name in column B of sheet2, and copy the
column A value of the same row to sheet1 Column B. It works perfect.

Here a little example of sheet 2

A B C D E

1 employee Company

2 Steve Sony

3 John Philips

4 Chris Sony

5 Steven Sony

6 Rutger Philips

As you can see there are more employees at one company (company names
are also represented in column A of sheet but without dupes). I want
the empleyees in array, cause these have to be matched with my third
sheet.... I don't know how to do this any suggestions?