Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Match and Copy to array

How does it work perfect if it doesn't do what you want?

What does this do that doesn't answer what you want to do.

As I recall, I provided code that does what you ask, but you chose to ignore
it. Perhaps you should look back at your original post and say why that
doesn't work.

Tom Ogilvy

"Chris" wrote in message
om...
I have a question about som things.

Earlier i get this script, and it works fine.

Sub test()
Dim r As Range, txt, ws1 As Worksheet, ws2 As Worksheet
Dim LookUpCell As Range, x
Set ws1 = Sheets("FireWall Rules"): Set ws2 = Sheets("LDAP")
With ws2
For Each r In .Range("b1", .Range("b65536").End(xlUp))
If Not IsEmpty(r) Then
If InStr(r, ";") = 0 Then
Set LookUpCell = ws1.Range("a:a").Find(what:=r.Value,
lookat:=xlWhole)
If Not LookUpCell Is Nothing Then
LookUpCell.Offset(, 1) = r.Offset(, -1).Value
End If
Else
txt = Split(Replace(r, " ", ""), ";")
For Each x In txt
Set LookUpCell =
ws1.Range("a:a").Find(what:=x, lookat:=xlWhole)
If Not LookUpCell Is Nothing Then
LookUpCell.Offset(, 1) = r.Offset(,
-1).Value
End If
Next
Next
Set ws1 = Nothing: Set ws2 = Nothing: Erase txt
End With
End Sub

This script looks in Column A of sheet1 for a certain company name,
search for the same company name in column B of sheet2, and copy the
column A value of the same row to sheet1 Column B. It works perfect.

Here a little example of sheet 2

A B C D E

1 employee Company

2 Steve Sony

3 John Philips

4 Chris Sony

5 Steven Sony

6 Rutger Philips

As you can see there are more employees at one company (company names
are also represented in column A of sheet but without dupes). I want
the empleyees in array, cause these have to be matched with my third
sheet.... I don't know how to do this any suggestions?