Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Script vs Open_Event

Hello. I have a macro In WorkbookA that Opens WoekbookB. In WorkbookB is
an Open event module that does some stuff.

Is there any difference in having WorkbookA Open a VBScript, and have the VB
script open WorkbookB and run Macro1 in WorkbookB (thereby eliminating the
need for an Open_Event in WorkbookB).

Anty difference in performance? Will the user see anything different?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want the code in WB2 to always run, whether opened from WB1 or on its
own, then put it in WB2. Otherwise put it in WB1 since it's specified to
WB1.

--
Jim
"Steph" wrote in message
| Hello. I have a macro In WorkbookA that Opens WoekbookB. In WorkbookB is
| an Open event module that does some stuff.
|
| Is there any difference in having WorkbookA Open a VBScript, and have the
VB
| script open WorkbookB and run Macro1 in WorkbookB (thereby eliminating the
| need for an Open_Event in WorkbookB).
|
| Anty difference in performance? Will the user see anything different?

help with vba script lariveesl New Users to Excel 5 June 6th 09 08:53 AM
Help with VB script please? Peter[_28_] Excel Programming 5 October 13th 04 11:49 PM
Excel 2000/XP script to Excel97 script hat Excel Programming 3 March 2nd 04 03:56 PM
Script? Scrappy[_2_] Excel Programming 1 July 21st 03 08:44 PM
what is a vb script george Excel Programming 1 July 16th 03 09:56 AM