Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Script?

I ahve a spreadsheet similar to this

Vendor ID Account Number Vendor IDa Account Numbera
10751 10460
56650-ME
10631 10923
56630-VT

The first vendor Id column has about 4,000 entries. The second vendor ID
column has about 15,000 entries and contains the 4,000 entries from the
first column in no particular order. I need to compare each number in
column "vendor ID" to all the numbers in column "vendor ida" and if there is
a match then the number in "account numbera" should be placed in the column
"account number" next to the correct vendor ID.

When this is all done, I need to have the 4,000 entries in "vendor ID' to
have the correct "account number" inserted next to them. Any help would be
appreciated! Thanks
Darren

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is a very simple problem to solve, however I'm
missing a key piece of data. Where are the 15,000
entries? The reason I'm asking is because you mentioned
2 "Vendor ID" columns. I only see one in your example.
I'll be happy to provide sample code. It's just that it
makes a big difference whether the "Vendor ID" is in the
same sheet or not.

Marty

.