-   -   Script vs Open_Event (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326562-script-vs-open_event.html)

Steph[_3_]

Script vs Open_Event

Hello. I have a macro In WorkbookA that Opens WoekbookB. In WorkbookB is
an Open event module that does some stuff.

Is there any difference in having WorkbookA Open a VBScript, and have the VB
script open WorkbookB and run Macro1 in WorkbookB (thereby eliminating the
need for an Open_Event in WorkbookB).

Anty difference in performance? Will the user see anything different?

Jim Rech

Script vs Open_Event

If you want the code in WB2 to always run, whether opened from WB1 or on its
own, then put it in WB2. Otherwise put it in WB1 since it's specified to
WB1.

--
Jim