Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default References woes

I have created a complex userform in Excel 2003. It has the Calender Popup
control as well as a macro to email the workbooks back to me.

In testing the Userform on other PCs I get error messages pertaining to the
references like: "Library not found" etc.

I notice that two of my problem References a

Microsoft Office Calendar Control 11.0
Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library

When on the older PC with Office 2000, the references are missing. To get
the forms to work correctly, I have to uncheck the "Missing" references and
go and check the 9.0 versions of the two controls.

Is there a way to avoid having to do this on every machine I send this
userform to?

Is there any VB macro that could resolve this cross Office version problem?

I have forms that I did on my older Office 2000 with the same controls that
work fine.

Any advice would be welcome.

WillRn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

develop in the oldest version of excel that will use the code/workbook

or

use last binding so you don't create a reference to a particular library.
For the calendar control you might have to use late binding. I don't know
if it would automatically "link" with a newer version of the library.

Tom Ogilvy

"WillRn" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message

use last binding so you don't create a reference to a particular library.
For the calendar control you might have to use late binding. I don't know
if it would automatically "link" with a newer version of the library.

Of course it will, MS developed it didn't they? :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't sound so glum, it is a good practice to get into :-).

Also, note Tom's point about late binding and forward compatibility on the
calendar control reference, in case you get a problem when you do that.

Regards

Bob