Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
danison

Default PivotTable woes

Hi

Being new to PivotTables I have come across an issue that I cannot seem
to find an answer for. I have a list of data which includes entries that
need to be offset against each other (eg. One is for income, named
Rental, and one is for Expenses). I have built a pivottable to
summarise all of the data, however want to be able to add a calculation
somehow that will show the Rental totals as a subtotal, the Expenses as
a subtotal and then a calc that shows the Rental less the Expenses, so
you have a nett result. For some reason I cannot get the Rental to add
to a subtotal and then insert a calc that does what I need it to do.

Also I built a macro to refresh the pivottable when new data is added
to the list, however it is not working for some reason. When I run it,
the pivottable goes blank!

I have attached a copy of the file. Appreciate any help

Bill

|Filename: IP expense model.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4094 |

danison
danison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10098
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490480

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JAA149

Dear Woer,

I can not open the attached file.

What you need to do is put the 2 column in the data area such that income
will be on the left side & expenses on the right. After that create a
calculated filed to subtract the two columns to get a theird column as profit.

Regards

"danison" wrote:

Hi

Being new to PivotTables I have come across an issue that I cannot seem
to find an answer for. I have a list of data which includes entries that
need to be offset against each other (eg. One is for income, named
Rental, and one is for Expenses). I have built a pivottable to
summarise all of the data, however want to be able to add a calculation
somehow that will show the Rental totals as a subtotal, the Expenses as
a subtotal and then a calc that shows the Rental less the Expenses, so
you have a nett result. For some reason I cannot get the Rental to add
to a subtotal and then insert a calc that does what I need it to do.

Also I built a macro to refresh the pivottable when new data is added
to the list, however it is not working for some reason. When I run it,
the pivottable goes blank!

I have attached a copy of the file. Appreciate any help

Bill

|Filename: IP expense model.zip |
|Download:
http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4094 |

danison
danison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10098
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490480

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
danison

Thanks, will try this again and let you know. I did do that initially
however it did not work for some reason. Not sure why the file would
not open as it was a winzipped excel workbook. Appreciate your help

Woer!

--
danison
danison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10098
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490480

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
danison

Hi

Have tried everything however cannot make this model work. I want to
have a column showing rental $ in one row, followed by Expenses on the
next row with the itemised category of expense under it. In columns,
each respective property is shown so that easily it can be seen the
rental and expense for each property. I then wish to be able to put in
calculations to show the net result for each property & overall as a
total.

If the attached zip file cannot be opened please let me know and I will
repost

Thanks everyone

Bill

--
danison
danison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10098
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490480

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt

People are generally unwilling to open docs from people they don't know.

You should be able to find something here

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...tm#pivottables

"danison" wrote in
message ...