Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Exclamation message box opening Excel - Archive not found!

I use Excel 2002 and have a lot of modules with macros. Everytime I open
Excel, I get two consecutive messageboxes pop up. Each messagebox has the
message: "Archive not found".

In the VBA help function it says this can be due to calling a macro that
does not exist in one of the modules.

However, taking all modules away and starting Excel does not solve the
problem: the messageboxes keep appearing.

I also tried reinstalling Excel using fucntion repair errors. This doesn´t
help either.

Any help greatly appreciated!

TIA

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look at what you have checked in Tools=Addins. Uncheck all addins

Also, any file in your xlStart directory is loaded when you start excel. So
you can try moving these.

Now try opening excel.

If this clears it up, you can start adding things back until the error
occurs again. If you do it one thing at a time, the last one added should
be the culprit.

Tom Ogilvy

"Martin Los" wrote in message
I use Excel 2002 and have a lot of modules with macros. Everytime I open
Excel, I get two consecutive messageboxes pop up. Each messagebox has the
message: "Archive not found".

In the VBA help function it says this can be due to calling a macro that
does not exist in one of the modules.

However, taking all modules away and starting Excel does not solve the
problem: the messageboxes keep appearing.

I also tried reinstalling Excel using fucntion repair errors. This doesn´t
help either.

Any help greatly appreciated!

TIA

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom:

Thanks for your quick reply. Thanks to your tips I discovered two temporary
files in:

D:\mdlos\Datos de programa\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

After removing them, the problem was solved.

Anyone told you recently that you´re the best? Well, your are!

Take care,

Martin