Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Time question

Not strictly the correct group, but I wonder if someone
would be kind enough to help with this:

As a result of a calculation, the value in C10 is 10.48
This represents 'seconds'. I need to convert this to
hh:mm:ss format.

If I format the cell as a Time and then place in the formula bar:

=ROUND(C10, 2)/24/60/60 should I not get the time
00:00:10 ?

It seems to lose the formula and show as a date.

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Must be a format error on my part then. Maybe date and
time:
I clicked C10 then FormatCellsNumberTime,
chose the second option (13:30:55).
Entered the formula into C10, then typed 10.48 into C10.
As a result, 11:31:12 is displayed in the cell and
10/01/1900 11/31/12 shows in the formula bar.

Regards.

"Stuart" wrote in message
Not strictly the correct group, but I wonder if someone
would be kind enough to help with this:

As a result of a calculation, the value in C10 is 10.48
This represents 'seconds'. I need to convert this to
hh:mm:ss format.

If I format the cell as a Time and then place in the formula bar:

=ROUND(C10, 2)/24/60/60 should I not get the time
00:00:10 ?

It seems to lose the formula and show as a date.

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

11:13:12 is stored as .48 (.48 * 24 = 11.52 hours)

the 10 is interpreted as 10 January 1900.

So you aren't converting your value as you claim.

Tom Ogilvy