Kelly Thompson

Default Time Question

My problem in 12.50 hours is 12:30, How do I get excel to convert the first
one to the second one?
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

=12.50/24
and format as time

Arvi Laanemets

"Kelly Thompson" wrote in message
My problem in 12.50 hours is 12:30, How do I get excel to convert the

first
one to the second one?

Peo Sjoblom

Just sum the hours then convert the sum

=SUM(A1:A20)/24

format as [hh]:mm

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

=12.50/24
and format as time

Arvi Laanemets

"Kelly Thompson" wrote in message
My problem in 12.50 hours is 12:30, How do I get excel to convert the
first
one to the second one?

Michael

Hi Kelly
I guess you could either leave the original column in place and hide it when
not required, so that other calcs are not affected.......or add the 12:30*24
( which is the reverse of Arni's equation) to the other calculations.
Remembering of course, that you will use a cell reference not the actual
time. eg... if 12:30 is in cell A2, you will add A2*24 to your calculations.

HTH
Michael

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

=12.50/24
and format as time

Arvi Laanemets

"Kelly Thompson" wrote in message
My problem in 12.50 hours is 12:30, How do I get excel to convert the

first
one to the second one?

Frank Kabel

Hi
format the resulting cell with the custom format
[hh]:mm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Kelly Thompson" wrote:

Ok that helps alot now what is the 12.5 is a caluaction for other
cells?

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

=12.50/24
and format as time

Arvi Laanemets

"Kelly Thompson" wrote in
message
My problem in 12.50 hours is 12:30, How do I get excel to convert
the
first
one to the second one?

Kelly Thompson

I just Figured it out thenk you all for your help.