Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table Year to Date

I am creating a report using a pivot table and I am stuck trying to come up
with Year to Date balances. The report needs to show the following headings...

Nov 2004 YTD Nov 2004 Nov 2003 YTD Nov 2003
Sales

The dates are stored in Excel date format and they are grouped to give me
the years and the months. So the month Totals are easy but I am stuck on the
Year To Date...

--
Thanks In Advance...

Jim Thomlinson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

I think an easy way would be to add a column with formulas that include your
criteria for how you define YTD, returning (perhaps) which YTD group it
should (or shouldn't) be included in.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
I am creating a report using a pivot table and I am stuck trying to come

up
with Year to Date balances. The report needs to show the following

headings...

Nov 2004 YTD Nov 2004 Nov 2003 YTD Nov 2003
Sales

The dates are stored in Excel date format and they are grouped to give me
the years and the months. So the month Totals are easy but I am stuck on

the
Year To Date...

--
Thanks In Advance...

Jim Thomlinson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bernie. I tried that and it is just not wanting to work out. When I
show only one specific month, the rest of the time series is excluded and my
YTD is toast. There is no aggregation of the YTD. I have decided to take a
different approach. Becuase this pivot is based on an access database I am
going to re-write the query I use to extract the data. I will pull back in
one field all of the sales between the specified dates Jan - Nov, ??? and I
will also have a field which is populated based on an if statement which
contains only the specified month Nov, I can then just pivot off these two
fileds. ... I hope this works... If you have any other ideas though I am
certainly open to suggestion.