Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default What properties show on icon mouse-over?

What properties do I need to set to get the text that pops up when you run
the mouse cursor over an Excel file icon?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What exactly do you mean? are you trying to set the tooltiptext on your own
toolbar buttons?

--

HTH

RP

"Ed" wrote in message
What properties do I need to set to get the text that pops up when you run
the mouse cursor over an Excel file icon?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Sorry if I was unclear. No, not buttons. File icons in folders. Sometimes
when I run the mouse cursor over a file icon in a folder, I get a
tool-tip-like pop up that gives some info about the file: author, date of
creation, subject, whatever. I notice the files I create and save usually
don't have that, so I figured it was some file properties I was not setting.
This would be very useful to me in a project I have in mind, rather than
trying to shove all that into a long file name.

Ed

"Ed" wrote in message
What properties do I need to set to get the text that pops up when you

run
the mouse cursor over an Excel file icon?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Thank you. That will help tell files apart when they all have cryptic names
(don't ask my why they MUST use THAT naming convention - I just write the
macros!).

Ed