Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default What properties show on icon mouse-over?

File menu, then properties

in code, they are the builtindocumentproperties

Tom Ogilvy

"Ed" wrote in message
Sorry if I was unclear. No, not buttons. File icons in folders.

Sometimes
when I run the mouse cursor over a file icon in a folder, I get a
tool-tip-like pop up that gives some info about the file: author, date of
creation, subject, whatever. I notice the files I create and save usually
don't have that, so I figured it was some file properties I was not

setting.
This would be very useful to me in a project I have in mind, rather than
trying to shove all that into a long file name.

Ed

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
What exactly do you mean? are you trying to set the tooltiptext on your

own
toolbar buttons?

--

HTH

RP

"Ed" wrote in message
What properties do I need to set to get the text that pops up when you

run
the mouse cursor over an Excel file icon?