Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Further Userform questions

With a textbox (from the Drawing toolbar) on a Userform
can I allow the user to select some of their text and :

1. Change the Font
2. Change the Font size
3. Underline it
4. Italicise it

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure what you mean by a text box from the Drawing
toolbar. However, if you have a regular MSForms textbox on a user
form, you can change the Font property in a variety of ways,
e.g.,

Me.TextBox1.Font.Underline = True
Me.TextBox1.Font.Italic = True
Me.TextBox1.Font.Name = "Times New Roman"
Me.TextBox1.Font.Size = 16

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Stuart" wrote in message
With a textbox (from the Drawing toolbar) on a Userform
can I allow the user to select some of their text and :

1. Change the Font
2. Change the Font size
3. Underline it
4. Italicise it

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Apologies, that is what I meant.
For further clarity..........can the user make these changes after the form
is displayed?

Or can/must I use an ActiveX control?

Regards and thanks

"Stuart" wrote in message
With a textbox (from the Drawing toolbar) on a Userform
can I allow the user to select some of their text and :

1. Change the Font
2. Change the Font size
3. Underline it
4. Italicise it

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just use the Textbox control from the Toolbox in the VBA editor.
The user can't change the properties of the text box directly.
You would have to provide command buttons that would make the
requested changes via code similar to what I posted earlier.

--

"Stuart" wrote in message
With a textbox (from the Drawing toolbar) on a Userform
can I allow the user to select some of their text and :

1. Change the Font
2. Change the Font size
3. Underline it
4. Italicise it

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nope, I cannot make this work.
Provide a Control to change all the text in some way seems ok, but letting
user select/highlight some of the text and alter their selection....that I
cannot see.

Regards.

"Stuart" wrote in message
Many thanks to you both.
Now I understand.

Regards.

"Stuart" wrote in message
With a textbox (from the Drawing toolbar) on a Userform
can I allow the user to select some of their text and :

1. Change the Font
2. Change the Font size
3. Underline it
4. Italicise it

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Highlighting it would be tricky, you would need to have an array of controls
for different textboxes, maybe dropdowns for fonts, sizes, etc. Could get
quite complex.

--

HTH

RP

"Stuart" wrote in message
Nope, I cannot make this work.
Provide a Control to change all the text in some way seems ok, but letting
user select/highlight some of the text and alter their selection....that I
cannot see.

Regards.

"Stuart" wrote in message
Many thanks to you both.
Now I understand.

Regards.

"Stuart" wrote in message
With a textbox (from the Drawing toolbar) on a Userform
can I allow the user to select some of their text and :

1. Change the Font
2. Change the Font size
3. Underline it
4. Italicise it

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm pretty sure you can not apply formating to sections of the text in a
textbox control. It's all or nothing.

Cheers
Andy

Stuart wrote:
Nope, I cannot make this work.
Provide a Control to change all the text in some way seems ok, but letting
user select/highlight some of the text and alter their selection....that I
cannot see.

Regards.

"Stuart" wrote in message

Many thanks to you both.
Now I understand.

Regards.

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message

Just use the Textbox control from the Toolbox in the VBA editor. The user
can't change the properties of the text box directly. You would have to
provide command buttons that would make the requested changes via code
similar to what I posted earlier.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Stuart" wrote in message
. ..

Apologies, that is what I meant.
For further clarity..........can the user make these changes after the
form is displayed?

Or can/must I use an ActiveX control?

Regards and thanks

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
.. .

I'm not sure what you mean by a text box from the Drawing toolbar.
However, if you have a regular MSForms textbox on a user form, you can
change the Font property in a variety of ways, e.g.,

Me.TextBox1.Font.Underline = True
Me.TextBox1.Font.Italic = True
Me.TextBox1.Font.Name = "Times New Roman"
Me.TextBox1.Font.Size = 16

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Stuart" wrote in message
. ..

With a textbox (from the Drawing toolbar) on a Userform
can I allow the user to select some of their text and :

1. Change the Font
2. Change the Font size
3. Underline it
4. Italicise it

Regards.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

The Microsoft controls that allow formatting on selected text only are the
RichTextbox control (using rtf) and the DHTMLEdit control (using html).

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Stuart" skrev i melding