Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Flash a MsgBox

I'd like to flash a Msgbox on the screen after a process has finished.
However, I don't want the user to have to press enter (i.e. vbOKCancel). Is
there a way to flash a message and won't require the user to click thru it??
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nope msgboxes require user input. You could however load a form that is on a
timer... In the on open for the form use something like this

application.ontime now + timevalue("00:00:10"), "unload me"

That code is untested but I think it will work.

HTH

"Stever" wrote:

I'd like to flash a Msgbox on the screen after a process has finished.
However, I don't want the user to have to press enter (i.e. vbOKCancel). Is
there a way to flash a message and won't require the user to click thru it??
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is an example of a timed MsgBox

Dim cTime As Long
Dim WSH As Object

Set WSH = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
cTime = 1 ' 1 secs
Select Case WSH.Popup("Open an Excel file?!", cTime, "Question",
vbOKCancel)
Case vbOK
MsgBox "You clicked OK"
Case vbCancel
MsgBox "You clicked Cancel"
Case -1
MsgBox "Timed out"
Case Else
End Select

As you can see, it can be OK, Cancel or timed out.

--

HTH

RP