Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Flash in Excel

Hi all,

I recently received an excel file which had a Flash Program in it and
nothing else. The Flash is basically a game where mosquitos come and suck
blood from supposedly your vein and you got to kill them before they really
suck it off all. As many mosquitoes you kill, your score gets recorded in a
circle at the right hand top corner.

whats this? How do we do this? I tried playing around in Excel but didnt
find a clue of its relation to Excel. Was this made in Excel? If yes, how and
if No, how do we import it from Flash to Excel and embed it there?

I dont know if we can attach a file here, otherwise I would have shared it
with you guys,.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
I can't answer specific questions about your masquito game but gaming in
excel is not uncommon. do a google for"excel games". you may be supprised at
how many sites you hit. I have 2 excel games i download. kinda fun. some
gamers leave the game code unprotected in the vb editor so that you can see
the programming behind the game. yeah...using vb. and some don't. oh well.

regards
FSt1

"Malik" wrote:

Hi all,

I recently received an excel file which had a Flash Program in it and
nothing else. The Flash is basically a game where mosquitos come and suck
blood from supposedly your vein and you got to kill them before they really
suck it off all. As many mosquitoes you kill, your score gets recorded in a
circle at the right hand top corner.

whats this? How do we do this? I tried playing around in Excel but didnt
find a clue of its relation to Excel. Was this made in Excel? If yes, how and
if No, how do we import it from Flash to Excel and embed it there?

I dont know if we can attach a file here, otherwise I would have shared it
with you guys,.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Flash games can be embeded into Excel Sheet. Pick up the flash game file
(*.swf) and put it in some convinient location. Whatever flash based game
play that is placed in your browser cache. You may find these file by doing
wildcharacter search for *.swf in you computer and open it in browser.

In order to embed the game in Excel. Open the Control Toolbox and click on
more control. And from there select Shockwave Flash Object. Now with your
mouse select the area where you want to put the game.

Now on the Control Toolbox click on properties button. Beside the category
"Movie" Write the complete path of the Flash File. Now exit from the
properties window and close Control Toolbox. Save the Excel Sheet and reopen
it to play the game (or to run the Flash Object) :)

Regards

Prem