Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Map of controls-numbers

I know that each control (menu option) has a number assign to it.
Where from can I get this map?

Thanks,
Mircea

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mircea,

Here is a starter for you

XL97: List of ID Numbers for Built-In Command Bar Controls

XL2000: List of ID Numbers for Built-In CommandBar Controls

XL97: Sample Macros to Return ID for a CommandBar Control

XL2000: Sample Macros to Return ID for a CommandBar Control

--

HTH

RP

"Mircea Pleteriu" wrote in message
I know that each control (menu option) has a number assign to it.
Where from can I get this map?

Thanks,
Mircea

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The article says that File.Save As has the ID of 748.

But my code crashes for this code. Somebody else on another forum said that
5 is the correct ID for File.Save As.
I tested and I worked.

I'm confused about that.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is my code which handles the Save As option.

// Disable "Save As" menu option

this.excelApp.CommandBars["File"].Controls[5].Enabled = false;

The code crashes with "Invalid index" if I use 748 instead of 5.
Am I missing something?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is because you are using an index, that is the 5th element in the
collection, not the id

Try

Set ctl = Application.CommandBars("File").FindControl(ID:=74 8)
ctl.Enabled = False

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

from the immediate window:

? commandbars("File").Controls(5).Caption
Save &As...
? commandbars("file").Controls(5).Id
748

5 is the position of it as a control in the default menu. 748 is its ID

From Excel 2003

Tom Ogilvy

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks a lot

[...]

using gui controls daddy260 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 May 25th 07 07:35 AM
ActiveX Controls vs Form Controls Alex Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 11th 06 08:46 AM
Event procedures for controls added with Controls.Add John Austin[_4_] Excel Programming 1 March 9th 05 03:31 PM
line controls HFB Excel Programming 0 January 20th 05 02:17 AM
controls Libby Excel Programming 1 November 24th 04 03:59 PM