Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mo Mo is offline

Default numerical values for verticalalignment | colors

I'm working on an Access application that I must use late binding vs early
binding for. Unfortunately this means that I cannot use xlcentered, etc. I
must know the numerical values. For example for the horizontalalignment I'm
using 7 for centered. I want to center my verticalalignment as well. I've
tried 7 assuming it might be the same as for horizontal but it didn't work.
I have the same problem for changing the colour of the cells. I'd really
appreciate any help someone can give me with this. Any suggestions, books
etc. that spell out these values would also be a welcome bit of insight.
Thanks and have a great weekend!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For the numerical values of both horizontal and vertical alignment in Excel,
go to Format, Cells, then in the alignment tab, drop down the scroll boxes
for the horizontal and vertical boxes, and the number you are looking for
corresponds to the order in which they are listed. In other words, "Center"
is the second item in the list under the vertical alignment box, so the
number you are looking for is 2.

Colors are a little trickier, but Chip Pearson does an excellent job of
explaining everything you ever wanted to know about working with colors at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm.

Take care,

Kris

"Mo" wrote:

I'm working on an Access application that I must use late binding vs early
binding for. Unfortunately this means that I cannot use xlcentered, etc. I
must know the numerical values. For example for the horizontalalignment I'm
using 7 for centered. I want to center my verticalalignment as well. I've
tried 7 assuming it might be the same as for horizontal but it didn't work.
I have the same problem for changing the colour of the cells. I'd really
appreciate any help someone can give me with this. Any suggestions, books
etc. that spell out these values would also be a welcome bit of insight.
Thanks and have a great weekend!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That should be XLConst, not XLList.

BTW, colors don't have an Excel constant value, automatic and none apart,
you just have to know their colorindex, that is the index within the colour
palette.

--

HTH

RP