Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default keeping form open

On my form, there is a "submit" button. When the user
enters the data, they push the "submit" button.

This kicks off a routine to write the data they entered.
It also has an edit to make sure the amount (one text box)
on the form is not greater than the current balance (of
another field.)

If the amount is less than or equal to the current balance
than there is no problem.

However, if the amount is greater than the current
balance, I do not want to write the data and I want to
leave the form open so the user can make a correct and hit
the "submit" button again.

Not sure how to do this. Should I make the amount vs.
current balance a separate routine within the routine
kicked off by the "submit" button? Any help or examples
would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Depending on how many things I need to check I will very often have a boolena
variable blnHideForm which I set to tru right at the beginning. I then
Validate the itmes on the form. If any of the validations fail then I set the
boolean to false. The lst thing I di is something like

if blnHideForm = True then frmMyForm.hide

This is just a more robust version of what Bob suggested. If you are only
checking on thing then go with Bob's version...

HTH