Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help - Controls Shift after print preview?

Hi,

I have an excel sheet with some standard controls such as buttons and combo
boxes on it using Excel 2002 SP3. The problem is that after I do a print
preview and closed the print preview window. There are page break dotted
lines displayed on the sheets and all the controls on on the second page get
shifted to the first page. I've check the lock property on the
controls(buttons, combo boxes etc) to True and that doesn't seem to work.

The strange thing is that on the problem does not exists on my windows XP
system but only happening on my Windows 2000 machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Koye

Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

But Jim Rech recently posted this:

This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch
there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly
mention this fix, it's in there).

But Myrna Larson posted that it didn't work for her in all her workbooks.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:05:33 -0500, "Koye Li" wrote:

Hi,

I have an excel sheet with some standard controls such as buttons and combo
boxes on it using Excel 2002 SP3. The problem is that after I do a print
preview and closed the print preview window. There are page break dotted
lines displayed on the sheets and all the controls on on the second page get
shifted to the first page. I've check the lock property on the
controls(buttons, combo boxes etc) to True and that doesn't seem to work.

The strange thing is that on the problem does not exists on my windows XP
system but only happening on my Windows 2000 machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

I recognize this one, it's an Excel 2002 SP3 issue. I happened across
this one at my office a few months ago... You might want to have a look
at this:

Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Thanks For the Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

But Myrna Larson posted that it didn't work for her in all her workbooks.
Same for me Gord

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

But Myrna Larson posted that it didn't work for her in all her workbooks.
Same for me Gord

Had the same response from a number of people that have tried it.

--
Regards
Ken.......................

wrote:

Hi,

I have an excel sheet with some standard controls such as buttons and

combo
boxes on it using Excel 2002 SP3. The problem is that after I do a

print
preview and closed the print preview window. There are page break

dotted
lines displayed on the sheets and all the controls on on the second page

get
shifted to the first page. I've check the lock property on the
controls(buttons, combo boxes etc) to True and that doesn't seem to

work.

The strange thing is that on the problem does not exists on my windows

XP
system but only happening on my Windows 2000 machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Time to update "Myrna Larson" to "others".

No slight intended Myrna but you just got downgraded to an "other".

Gord

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:33:11 -0000, "Ken Wright"
wrote:

But Myrna Larson posted that it didn't work for her in all her workbooks.

Same for me Gord

Had the same response from a number of people that have tried it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had been having that problem for 8-9 months. I asked my IT department
what's going on and they blamed me for fiddling with all that fancy stuff
that they thought I had no business messing with. Well all their computers
still want hold the controls in one place but mine does. I downloaded all
the updates, patches, fixes, etc. from Microsoft that I could get but the
problem persisted. Then I tried the work around. That solved my problems but
I have to apply it to each control individually unless I copy one that I had
already 'fixed'. IT has no clue.

"Koye Li" wrote in message

I have an excel sheet with some standard controls such as buttons and
combo
boxes on it using Excel 2002 SP3. The problem is that after I do a print
preview and closed the print preview window. There are page break dotted
lines displayed on the sheets and all the controls on on the second page
get
shifted to the first page. I've check the lock property on the
controls(buttons, combo boxes etc) to True and that doesn't seem to work.

The strange thing is that on the problem does not exists on my windows XP
system but only happening on my Windows 2000 machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you could use a macro to fix the controls on the sheet.

Saved from a previous post:

If you want to change every OLEObject, you could do this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim OLEObj As OLEObject
Dim wks As Worksheet

For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
For Each OLEObj In wks.OLEObjects
OLEObj.Placement = xlMoveAndSize
Next OLEObj
Next wks

End Sub

If you want to be more conservative and only fiddle with the checkboxes:

Sub testme02()

Dim OLEObj As OLEObject
Dim wks As Worksheet

For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
For Each OLEObj In wks.OLEObjects
If TypeOf OLEObj.Object Is MSForms.CheckBox Then
OLEObj.Placement = xlMoveAndSize
End If
Next OLEObj
Next wks

End Sub

"Koye Li" wrote in message

I have an excel sheet with some standard controls such as buttons and
combo
boxes on it using Excel 2002 SP3. The problem is that after I do a print
preview and closed the print preview window. There are page break dotted
lines displayed on the sheets and all the controls on on the second page
get
shifted to the first page. I've check the lock property on the
controls(buttons, combo boxes etc) to True and that doesn't seem to work.

The strange thing is that on the problem does not exists on my windows XP
system but only happening on my Windows 2000 machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson