Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Comparing/Matching Values in multiple columns

Hopefully the experts can help on this one...

In one worksheet("payout") in have riders names (Column B) and horse names
(Column C).
In another worksheet ("teams") I have riders names (Col B) and horse
names(Col C) and in Col D I have times
In yet another worksheet (team payout) I have riders name(Col B) horse
name(col C0 and times in Col D.

The problem I'm having is this: Let's say Bill ( a rider) is riding 2
horses (Wells and Fargo). Anything I've used to compare the values in Cols B
and C will only capture the first occurance of Bill and place the same time
on both horses.

What I need it to do is match the value in Col B AND Col C then copy the
correct time and paste it into the cell next to the rider and horse (Col D)

Thanks in advance
--
Buddy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use auxiliary columns containing the concatenation of the riders
and the horses names. Do this on all sheets and you have unique references
to rider/horse combinations.

Regards,
Bunu

"BuddyB" schreef in bericht