Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Comparing/Matching two columns

Hi,

I am stuck with a problem. I need to compare two columns. one with ZIP and
other with street names. A Single ZIP has numerous streent names. Is there a
function which will say if the address is Right or Wrong?
for example:
11000 Apple Street <Right
11000 Banana Street <Right
11000 Mango Street <Wrong

and so on

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

shress wrote:
Hi,

I am stuck with a problem. I need to compare two columns. one with ZIP and
other with street names. A Single ZIP has numerous streent names. Is there a
function which will say if the address is Right or Wrong?
for example:
11000 Apple Street <Right
11000 Banana Street <Right
11000 Mango Street <Wrong

and so on

Thanks,

Do you have a table somewhere with valid zip/street combinations?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:00:00 -0700, shress
wrote:

Hi,

I am stuck with a problem. I need to compare two columns. one with ZIP and
other with street names. A Single ZIP has numerous streent names. Is there a
function which will say if the address is Right or Wrong?
for example:
11000 Apple Street <Right
11000 Banana Street <Right
11000 Mango Street <Wrong

and so on

Thanks,

Try this formula in cell C1:

=IF(SUMPRODUCT((Sheet2!A$1:A$1000=A1)*(Sheet2!B$1: B$1000=B1))=0,"<Wrong","<Right")

Sheet2 is the name of the sheet where you put all possible ZIP codes
in column A and the correspoonding Street names in column B.
Increase the 1000 if you data takes more than 1000 rows.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"smartin" wrote:

shress wrote:
Hi,

I am stuck with a problem. I need to compare two columns. one with ZIP and
other with street names. A Single ZIP has numerous streent names. Is there a
function which will say if the address is Right or Wrong?
for example:
11000 Apple Street <Right
11000 Banana Street <Right
11000 Mango Street <Wrong

and so on

Thanks,

Do you have a table somewhere with valid zip/street combinations?

Hi, I have one table with valid zip/street combinations.
And I have got another bigger table which contails both valid and invalid
zip/street combinations and also lots of repetitions. I am trying to find out
those invalid addresses based on the correct table.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Lars,

It worked well. :)

Regards,

wrote:

Hi,

I am stuck with a problem. I need to compare two columns. one with ZIP and
other with street names. A Single ZIP has numerous streent names. Is there a
function which will say if the address is Right or Wrong?
for example:
11000 Apple Street <Right
11000 Banana Street <Right
11000 Mango Street <Wrong

and so on

Thanks,

Try this formula in cell C1:

=IF(SUMPRODUCT((Sheet2!A$1:A$1000=A1)*(Sheet2!B$1: B$1000=B1))=0,"<Wrong","<Right")

Sheet2 is the name of the sheet where you put all possible ZIP codes
in column A and the correspoonding Street names in column B.
Increase the 1000 if you data takes more than 1000 rows.

Hope this helps / Lars-Ã…ke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

shress wrote:

"smartin" wrote:

shress wrote:
Hi,

I am stuck with a problem. I need to compare two columns. one with ZIP and
other with street names. A Single ZIP has numerous streent names. Is there a
function which will say if the address is Right or Wrong?
for example:
11000 Apple Street <Right
11000 Banana Street <Right
11000 Mango Street <Wrong

and so on

Thanks,

Do you have a table somewhere with valid zip/street combinations?

Hi, I have one table with valid zip/street combinations.
And I have got another bigger table which contails both valid and invalid
zip/street combinations and also lots of repetitions. I am trying to find out
those invalid addresses based on the correct table.

Thanks

Then I think Lars has a solution. O, I see you got it. Well done!