Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default Matching values in two columns

Hi,

I have two columns of numbers of about 5,000 rows. EG:
1 8
2 3
6 2
3 5
In this example I just want the numbers 2 and 3 to be left showing in the
left column.

I would like to show only the numbers in the first column that don't have a
corresponding matching number anywhere in the second column. (Or highlighted
in colour.)

Is there a way to do this?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

One way, where your first column of number is in B1:B5000 and the second is
in C1:C5000, enter in A1

=ISNUMBER(MATCH(B1, C$1:C$5000,0))

and copy/fill down column A. Then use the autofilter on column A to filter
for TRUE values.

"Rob" wrote:

Hi,

I have two columns of numbers of about 5,000 rows. EG:
1 8
2 3
6 2
3 5
In this example I just want the numbers 2 and 3 to be left showing in the
left column.

I would like to show only the numbers in the first column that don't have a
corresponding matching number anywhere in the second column. (Or highlighted
in colour.)

Is there a way to do this?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc