Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code Sign PW Protected Project?

Hi,

I find I can code sign a password protected and unsigned
project with my certificate in the VBE even though I don't
provide the password to open the project's code. This
seems odd to me. Is the code signing process intended to
allow this?

Best Regards,
Walt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Well, in case anyone else was wondering about this, I
found the answer:

"Note Locking your VBA project doesn't prevent another
user from replacing the digital signature with another
signature. This is allowed so that a system administrator
or end user can replace a current signature with an
approved signature or re-sign a document after a previous
signature expires. "

in : Visual Basic Programmer's Guide
Securing Documents and VBA Code

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...office/office2