Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
a a is offline

Default Emailing files using a do until

Hi,

I have to email files to a large number of people on a monthly basis. I
use templates - but I have seen that you can use an array to email the
files. I tried using code that I found in a book and also from the help
in VBA. I always get the message that I need to close excel and email
and try again because of . . ., I'm not sure of the exact wording.

My plan is to have a sheet in a file that would look at a column in a
worksheet to see which file I want to send and then, in another column,
the recipient. I want it to loop until there are no more files.

I cannot even get to the first part of the code without getting the
error message that I described above.

Would any of you have idea on why I cannot get this to work? I am using
Netscape - which may make a difference - though I can do it manually
with no problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Anita

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi a

Maybe
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/files.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"a" wrote in message .net...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:41:36 GMT, a wrote in
microsoft.public.excel.programming:

I have to email files to a large number of people on a monthly basis. I
use templates - but I have seen that you can use an array to email the
files. I tried using code that I found in a book and also from the help
in VBA. I always get the message that I need to close excel and email
and try again because of . . ., I'm not sure of the exact wording.

It might be useful to pinpoint the problem if you quoted the error
message.

My plan is to have a sheet in a file that would look at a column in a
worksheet to see which file I want to send and then, in another column,
the recipient. I want it to loop until there are no more files.

I cannot even get to the first part of the code without getting the
error message that I described above.

Would any of you have idea on why I cannot get this to work? I am using
Netscape - which may make a difference - though I can do it manually
with no problem.

I don't know whether Netscape exposes its e-mail methods to VBA. If so,
it should also contain documentation how.

The normal method of sending e-mail from Excel (or any other MS Office
application) is via Outlook. Alternatively, a command line SMTP mailer
like BLAT could be used from .Shell("BLAT ..."), or if your OS is NT
(any version, I believe), you can use CDO; see
<http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm.

Get your VBA code to cycle through the rows in your worksheet which
contains the e-mail details, say Debug.Print them. Then figure out
whether Netscape can be driven from VBA and how, or use CDO, BLAT, or
similar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
a a is offline

Ron,

Thank you so much for the code. It looks like it should work but I'm
running into one of those "dll" problems. When I get to the part where
I want to create the object I get the message that the object cannot be
created. The reason is that "The OUTLLIB.DLL file is linked to missing
export MAP132.DLL:36. Is there anyway that I can restore or install
this dll?

Thanks in advance and also thank you again for the code.

Regards,
Anita

Hi a

Maybe
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/files.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I missed "Netscape"
The code Example is for Outlook

Try if CDO is working for you first
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

I will rebuild the Outlook macro for you if it is working

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"a" wrote in message k.net...
Ron,

Thank you so much for the code. It looks like it should work but I'm running into one of those "dll" problems. When I get to the
part where I want to create the object I get the message that the object cannot be created. The reason is that "The OUTLLIB.DLL
file is linked to missing export MAP132.DLL:36. Is there anyway that I can restore or install this dll?

Thanks in advance and also thank you again for the code.

Regards,
Anita

Hi a

Maybe
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/files.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
a a is offline

Unfortunately I have Windows 98 at home and so I am unable to test. I'm
really bummed because the code looks like it would do exactly what I'm
looking for. Perhaps when I go in to work on Sunday I can try it. We
have NT at work.

Ron de Bruin wrote:
I missed "Netscape"
The code Example is for Outlook

Try if CDO is working for you first
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

I will rebuild the Outlook macro for you if it is working

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Post back in this thread if you need help then

Have a nice weekend

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl