Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Addin Residual Memory

I installed an Addin to Excel in "My Documents" folder.
I then decided to move the file to my "Add-ins" Folder.
I then reinstalled it from there. However, everytime I
open up Excel, I get an error message saying that it
cannot find the Add-in that I originally had in "My
Documents". It seems as though Excel can't let go of the
original file path of the original file. The only way to
get around this was to rename the file.

Will I always be forced to rename files when I am moving
their location with the intension of having them as Add-
ins?

thnx