Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Default Addin remains in memory!

I have loaded an addin I developed with much help from others and decided to
make some small changes; when testing / running through the VAB browser all
works well. However when run via a menu item in Excel as it's designed, the
original addin runs. I have loaded and unloaded the addin, I've restarted
Excel and the PC but still the original addin is the one that runs.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It sounds like your menu item still points at the macro in the original
workbook.

One neat way to avoid this problem is to build those changes to the menu each
time the workbook/addin opens (and destroy it on the way out).

If you like this idea, you may want to look at how John Walkenbach did it in his
MenuMaker.xls workbook.

You can find it:

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Thanks Dave. Eventually got it working by changing the Sub name and
resaving the file.

Regards, Rob