Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default opening an excel file that is too large

I have an excel spreadsheet that is too large to fit in one worksheet. I
was wondering if it possible to open the spreadsheet such that the contents
are automatically divided into different worksheets so I can have all the
data I need open at one time. I would like to divide the data into
worksheets so that there is a separate worksheet for each unique value in
column A. For example if I had a spreadsheet that looked like this:

A B
Monday 6
Monday 1
Monday 2
Tuesday 1
Tuesday 3
Wednesday 4
Wednesday 5
Wednesday 4

I want it to automatically open in excel so that there is a Monday
worksheet, a Tuesday worksheet, and a Wednesday worksheet. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pivot table, drop Day into Page fields and then use Show pages on that item.

Better yet though, assuming you will only be looking at one day at a time,
why not just Autofilter on the Day.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03