Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't Open Excel 2002 File in Excel 2003

Greetings! I have one user populated file used in Excel 2002. Now that we
have to upgrade to 2003, I am trying to open this file, but I got message of
"Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience." Any ideas why this happen to the file. It is
not just happening to one file, it happens to other users too who are using
this file.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

does the file contain a "map" - although maps were not able to be created in
ver 2002 (i do believe some people managed it anyway) files containing maps
created in ver 2000 were still able to be opened. However, in ver 2003
files containing maps (as per help & ms site) will not be able to be opened.

Cheers
JulieD

"luvgreen" wrote in message
Greetings! I have one user populated file used in Excel 2002. Now that we
have to upgrade to 2003, I am trying to open this file, but I got message
of
"Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We
are
sorry for the inconvenience." Any ideas why this happen to the file. It is
not just happening to one file, it happens to other users too who are
using
this file.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Julie:

Thank you for your answer. I don't have maps in my file. I have lots of
macros though. I deleted all the macros in 2002, and it still won't open in
2003.

"luvgreen" wrote in message
Greetings! I have one user populated file used in Excel 2002. Now that we
have to upgrade to 2003, I am trying to open this file, but I got message
of
"Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We
are
sorry for the inconvenience." Any ideas why this happen to the file. It is
not just happening to one file, it happens to other users too who are
using
this file.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

if it's not sensitive information, feel free to email it direct to me
(julied at hcts dot net dot au) and i'll take a look at it and see if i
can spot what is amiss.

Cheers
JulieD

"luvgreen" wrote in message
Yes, and it works fine in 2002.

"luvgreen" wrote in message
Greetings! I have one user populated file used in Excel 2002. Now
that
we
have to upgrade to 2003, I am trying to open this file, but I got
message
of
"Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to
close.
We
are
sorry for the inconvenience." Any ideas why this happen to the file.
It
is
not just happening to one file, it happens to other users too who
are
using
this file.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wow, you are in Australia!
Thank you Julie for offering. This is sensative information, so I can't send
that to you. I really appreciate your kind help.
"JulieD" wrote:

Hi

if it's not sensitive information, feel free to email it direct to me
(julied at hcts dot net dot au) and i'll take a look at it and see if i
can spot what is amiss.

Cheers
JulieD

"luvgreen" wrote in message
Yes, and it works fine in 2002.

"luvgreen" wrote in message
Greetings! I have one user populated file used in Excel 2002. Now
that
we
have to upgrade to 2003, I am trying to open this file, but I got
message
of
"Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to
close.
We
are
sorry for the inconvenience." Any ideas why this happen to the file.
It
is
not just happening to one file, it happens to other users too who
are
using
this file.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

okay, understood, hope you find a solution.

Cheers
JulieD
(re Australia .. yep and it's 1am here so i best call it a night!)

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi

if it's not sensitive information, feel free to email it direct to me
(julied at hcts dot net dot au) and i'll take a look at it and see if
can spot what is amiss.

Cheers
JulieD

"luvgreen" wrote in message