Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default Can't Open Excel 2002 File in Excel 2003

Hi

does the file contain a "map" - although maps were not able to be created in
ver 2002 (i do believe some people managed it anyway) files containing maps
created in ver 2000 were still able to be opened. However, in ver 2003
files containing maps (as per help & ms site) will not be able to be opened.

Cheers
JulieD

"luvgreen" wrote in message
Greetings! I have one user populated file used in Excel 2002. Now that we
have to upgrade to 2003, I am trying to open this file, but I got message
of
"Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We
are
sorry for the inconvenience." Any ideas why this happen to the file. It is
not just happening to one file, it happens to other users too who are
using
this file.
Thanks.