Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: How is the Excel 2007 file format open in Excel 2002 ?

Dear Sir,

I understand that there is a download from MS for converting the format for
Excel 2007 in order for it to open and edit using Excel 2002.

May I know after downloading the format converter, the Excel 2007 file that
I open using Excel 2002 does it has up to over 1 million line as it is in the
Excel 2007 ?

The over 1 million lines that Excel 2007 has is definately a great feature,
may I know is it legal for me to have a bank Excel 2007 file and I open it
over and over again to work on it and save it in that format ?

If the answer is yes, this is definately a bonus from MS for all the users
of the earler version of Excels.

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

xl97 to xl2003 only supports 64k rows.

You can't save a file in xl2007 with more than 64k rows and open it in
xl97-xl2003 and see more than 64k rows.

But if you have legal copies of any version of excel, you can legally open and
legally save it as many times as you want.

You just can't break the 64k row limit (or 256 column limit) in
xl97-xl2003--legally or illegally.

Mr. Low wrote:

Dear Sir,

I understand that there is a download from MS for converting the format for
Excel 2007 in order for it to open and edit using Excel 2002.

May I know after downloading the format converter, the Excel 2007 file that
I open using Excel 2002 does it has up to over 1 million line as it is in the
Excel 2007 ?

The over 1 million lines that Excel 2007 has is definately a great feature,
may I know is it legal for me to have a bank Excel 2007 file and I open it
over and over again to work on it and save it in that format ?

If the answer is yes, this is definately a bonus from MS for all the users
of the earler version of Excels.

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: How is the Excel 2007 file format open in Excel 20

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your info.

Low

--