Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Scroll bar protection

I have a sheet with Buttons and Scroll Bars. I want to protect the worksheet
so all the user can do is type in the project name. Then use the scroll bar
to put in the estimated cost of the project. Then the button runs a marco
which creates a seperate sheet to input addtional info for the project.

When the worksheet is protected the Scroll Bars won't work. The lock toggle
under format for the scroll bar doesn't seem to work. When the worksheet is
protected: If the toggle is off you can edit the scroll bar information but
still can't use it. If the toggle is on you can't use or edit the scroll
bar. We want the user to be able to use the scroll bar but not edit it.

The button works fine. You can click it but not edit.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

for the scroll bar, you can leave the lock toggle checked.

select the cell the scrollbar is linked to and format=Cells=Protection tab
and ucheck locked.

Then when you protect the sheet, this should do what you want.

Tom Ogilvy

"bry32" wrote in message
It's from the forms toolbar.

"bry32" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Of course, something simple.....

Thanks.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

for the scroll bar, you can leave the lock toggle checked.

select the cell the scrollbar is linked to and format=Cells=Protection tab
and ucheck locked.

Then when you protect the sheet, this should do what you want.

Tom Ogilvy

"bry32" wrote in message
It's from the forms toolbar.