Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Scroll bar protection

for the scroll bar, you can leave the lock toggle checked.

select the cell the scrollbar is linked to and format=Cells=Protection tab
and ucheck locked.

Then when you protect the sheet, this should do what you want.

Tom Ogilvy

"bry32" wrote in message
It's from the forms toolbar.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Is the scrollbar from the control toolbox toolbar or the forms toolbar.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"bry32" wrote in message
I have a sheet with Buttons and Scroll Bars. I want to protect the

worksheet
so all the user can do is type in the project name. Then use the

scroll
bar
to put in the estimated cost of the project. Then the button runs a

marco
which creates a seperate sheet to input addtional info for the

project.

When the worksheet is protected the Scroll Bars won't work. The lock

toggle
under format for the scroll bar doesn't seem to work. When the

worksheet
is
protected: If the toggle is off you can edit the scroll bar

information
but
still can't use it. If the toggle is on you can't use or edit the

scroll
bar. We want the user to be able to use the scroll bar but not edit

it.

The button works fine. You can click it but not edit.

Thanks.