Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Align text for labels in user forms

I have recently been starting to create user forms but
have become frustrated by what I'm sure is a very minor
thing. When I make a label to indicate what a text box
is used for, the text within the label is always justifed
top left. I have found how to change the horizontal
justification with TextAlign in Properties but I can't
find a way of centring the text vertically. Because the
controls all fit into the grid, all my labels do not
align with the controls that they are associated with.

Question: how do I centre the text vertically? Or can I
turn off the grid?

Many thanks for any help,

Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim,

You can't align the text in a Label control vertically. You can,
however, turn off the grid. From the VBE menu choose Tools/Options/General.
Unchecking the "Align Controls to Grid" checkbox will allow you to move
controls independent of the grid. Unchecking the "Show Grid" checkbox will
hide the grid itself (these two settings are independent).

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Unsolicited e-mail replies will be ignored *

"Tim Archer" wrote in message
I have recently been starting to create user forms but
have become frustrated by what I'm sure is a very minor
thing. When I make a label to indicate what a text box
is used for, the text within the label is always justifed
top left. I have found how to change the horizontal
justification with TextAlign in Properties but I can't
find a way of centring the text vertically. Because the
controls all fit into the grid, all my labels do not
align with the controls that they are associated with.

Question: how do I centre the text vertically? Or can I
turn off the grid?

Many thanks for any help,

Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,

You might also want to take a look at Stephen Bullen's VBE Tools add-in,
which allows you to 'nudge controls

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/VBETools/Default.htm

--

HTH