Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't 'see' all of a cell's contents across columns

I don't know where to look to fix the following.
All cells in columns A thru E are 'format, cells, text'
The cells in col A contain either:
a) 1 character of text (a code in the application)
b) a 'long' text string (usually 10-35 characters or so)
a general macro processes them differently.
When a cell in Col A contains the long string I want to be able to see all
of it on the spreadsheet, and the rules are that
columns b,c,d,e will be null.

Dim Cola as string sets up a variable in the macro.

The problem is that all of the long text does not visually 'spread' across
columns b,c,d, etc.
I 'cleared contents' of cols b,c,d,e; no help.

when I 'detach' the macro call from the worksheet_selectionchange event, the
long text spreads just fine.

What do I do next?
Neal Z