Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default off topic question

Hi,

I apologize in advance as I know this isn't the newsgroup for this
type of question but this group has helped me out on many other issues so
i'd figure i'd give it a shot. I need to find some type of utility (for
windows 200, for either crystal reports or adobe) that takes a 100+ (or any
number) print job and splits that into individual print jobs of 4 pages
each - basically, print 4 pages, start another job and print another 4
pages ect. If anyone know of a utility out there that can do that please
let me know. Many Thanks.

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't know of any such utility, but the enterprise version of Crystal Reports
includes their Report Designer Component with the object library to build,
run, and manipulate reports; I am sure you could easily write your own
Crystal utility with that tool - if you are willing to spend the $$$.

You could also explore the possibility of intercepting the print jobs via
the Windows API for a more general purpose utility - don't know the specifics
of the calls needed for print jobs but I am sure you could find out easily -
there is lots of good documentation for the Win API on the web, including the
MSDN Library.

"someguy" wrote:

Hi,

I apologize in advance as I know this isn't the newsgroup for this
type of question but this group has helped me out on many other issues so
i'd figure i'd give it a shot. I need to find some type of utility (for
windows 200, for either crystal reports or adobe) that takes a 100+ (or any
number) print job and splits that into individual print jobs of 4 pages
each - basically, print 4 pages, start another job and print another 4
pages ect. If anyone know of a utility out there that can do that please
let me know. Many Thanks.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks for the hints....i will look into the ms library.