Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default an off topic question

I am reasonably adept at programming and have been given a task at work
to design a "game" to use in our learning environment. The game would
require manipulation of 3D models in a 3D 'maritime' environment, i.e.
ships, aircraft, submarines, missiles and torpedoes etc. etc. (I have
access to ready-made models).

My problem though, I have never programmed graphics and have, at this
time no idea where to start.

I have written VB applications, hundreds of applications for Excel and
Access, and done some fiddling around with C++. I have seen several
"game" languages:
Blitz Basic 3D
Dark Basic
Dark Basic Pro
GLBasic
Visual Basic
Visual C++

and would like to know the advantages/disadvantages of each.

If any one could point in the right direction to get started I would be
most appreciative.

Those who would like to reply off-topic can do so through:

spreadsheethelp
(at)
iinet
(dot)