Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default example in the help topic

I put in a wrong formula and then I went to the function help and it said to
open a blank worksheet, Select the example in the Help topic. I can't find
the example in the help topic. Do I open a blank worksheet and then press
CTRL +C to opent the examples? I was in the ATAN function.
--
Lois Ann
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On main menu select Help and type in ATAN to bring up help screen.

There are three examples shown in the Help for ATAN

=ATAN(1)
=ATAN(1)*180/PI()
=DEGREES(ATAN(1))

Select one of them(or more) and CTRL + C to copy.

InsertInsert Worksheet

Select A1 and CTRL + V to paste.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 15:12:01 -0700, Lois Ann
wrote:

I put in a wrong formula and then I went to the function help and it said to
open a blank worksheet, Select the example in the Help topic. I can't find
the example in the help topic. Do I open a blank worksheet and then press
CTRL +C to opent the examples? I was in the ATAN function.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Well I had that on the screeen, but I don't know how to select one, when I
tried to click on one, it just showed the same as what was on the text. I
thought it would bring up an example of a problem?
--
Lois Ann

wrote:

I put in a wrong formula and then I went to the function help and it said to
open a blank worksheet, Select the example in the Help topic. I can't find
the example in the help topic. Do I open a blank worksheet and then press
CTRL +C to opent the examples? I was in the ATAN function.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

To select an example from the help screen, just slowly drag the mouse pointer
across the formula to highlight it then CTRL + C to copy.

The example is the formula and shows the result of that formula.

Not very helpful in most cases<g

Gord

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 15:57:01 -0700, Lois Ann
wrote:

Well I had that on the screeen, but I don't know how to select one, when I
tried to click on one, it just showed the same as what was on the text. I
thought it would bring up an example of a problem?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Not alot of actual code to copy on those help pages.

But in general
Click and select the text you want use
Then Ctrl+C

The help text should clarify the atan stuff though.

Steve