Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Lois Ann Lois Ann is offline

Default example in the help topic

Well I had that on the screeen, but I don't know how to select one, when I
tried to click on one, it just showed the same as what was on the text. I
thought it would bring up an example of a problem?
--
Lois Ann

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

On main menu select Help and type in ATAN to bring up help screen.

There are three examples shown in the Help for ATAN

=ATAN(1)
=ATAN(1)*180/PI()
=DEGREES(ATAN(1))

Select one of them(or more) and CTRL + C to copy.

InsertInsert Worksheet

Select A1 and CTRL + V to paste.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 15:12:01 -0700, Lois Ann
wrote:

I put in a wrong formula and then I went to the function help and it said to
open a blank worksheet, Select the example in the Help topic. I can't find
the example in the help topic. Do I open a blank worksheet and then press
CTRL +C to opent the examples? I was in the ATAN function.