Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2003 Importing large delimited text file

Hi guys,

Not so much a vba question but a puzzling on nonetheless.

I have a huge text file, way over 65000 rows, probably fill a few dozen
sheets.

Obviously the text import wizard will only fill down to 65536. However when
I actually import I get a message saying I can carry on the import in a new
sheet telling the wizard to not import rows that I've already imported.

But I cannot find any facility to do this anywhere in the wizard.

Anyone come accross this and gotten over this hurdle?

Regards,

Ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
one possible workaround (without VBA): Use a text editor of your choice to
split the file before importing

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Ron" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
10.131...
Hi guys,

Not so much a vba question but a puzzling on nonetheless.

I have a huge text file, way over 65000 rows, probably fill a few dozen
sheets.

Obviously the text import wizard will only fill down to 65536. However
when
I actually import I get a message saying I can carry on the import in a
new
sheet telling the wizard to not import rows that I've already imported.

But I cannot find any facility to do this anywhere in the wizard.

Anyone come accross this and gotten over this hurdle?

Regards,

Ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Frank Kabel" wrote in
:

Hi
one possible workaround (without VBA): Use a text editor of your
choice to split the file before importing

Hi Frank, thanks for that advice.

It turned out the text file had over 1 million rows of similar data.

I imported into Access [which handled it all no problems] and did a few
filters and exported it that way.

Regards,

Ron