Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Installing MDAC

Hello,
I have a VB6, Excel/Word VBA commercial app for which I need to install MDAC
before installing my app if not present. I use my Wise Installation System
Version 9 to install my app and MDAC 2.6 SP1. One prospect has an old Win 98
Office 97 configuration and I wonder if there are any potential problems or
issues installing this newer MDAC on an older system like that. Per a MS KB
article, it will work, but I'm wondering if it will create any problems with
his other current apps,etc.
Also, I am wondering if I should upgrade to MDAC 2.7 or 2.8-if this would be
better of if it might cause problems?
Thanks, God bless
Van

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I used MDAC 2.7, which was working OK on Win 98, WIN XP, WIN 2003. Also
worked on Win95 "c" version - not on "a" & "b". My project was an Access
DataBase project so the only office part used was Access 97. Not Excel /
Word.
But I think even with excel / word 97 VBA it should work.

Sharad