Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Ugrading MDAC

Hello,
I have a question regarding installing a newer version of MDAC on older
systems-I am getting differing opinions on whether this is problematic or not.
I have a VB6, Excel/Word VBA commercial app for which I
need to install MDAC
before installing my app if not present. I use my Wise
Installation System
Version 9 to install my app and MDAC 2.6 SP1. One
prospect has an old Win 98
Office 97 configuration and I wonder if there are any
potential problems or
issues installing this newer MDAC on an older system like
that. Per a MS KB
article, it will work, but I'm wondering if it will
create any problems with
his other current apps,etc.
Also I am wondering if I should upgrade to MDAC 2.7 or 2.8 for this and
other installations with other OSs. I realize that version 2.7 I believe
comes with WinXP and I wouldn't want to install anything for that, but would
it be best to install 2.7 or 2.8 in earler OSs and would the latest MDAC be
best? One third party website recommends 2.8 for all platforms.
Also, does anyone know if there are any newsgroups dedicated to MDAC? I
couldn't see any.
Thanks, God bless
Van
..