Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UNSAVED: VBA Project

I have an Excel file (let's call it MyFile.xls) that references to another
one called library.xls. When I open MyFile.xls it opens library.xls (as
expected...).
The problem appears when I close MyFile.xls. After I close it (either saving
it or not), I can still see it listed in the "Project Explorer" window in
VBA. If I check the references for library.xls, one of the listed items is:
UNSAVED: VBAProject, with its check box unselected.
If I open MyFile again and then close it, I find two similar items
UNSAVED: VBAProject in the References form and two instances of this file in
the "Project Explorer" window (and so on as the times I open and close the
file).
If I try to close the file library.xls I get the Excel message:
"The workbook is currently referenced by another workbook and cannot be
closed".
Why are the files I already closed still appearing in the Project browser
window?
I hope I was clear enough.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
just a wild guess: Do you have the Google Desktop Search tool installed?. If
yes see:
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...top/trackback/

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Fabian Grodek wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Frank,
That was a very good wild guess !!! Although my add-ins are not password
protected, my problem was indeed solved by uninstalling GDS.
Many thanks!.
Regards,
Fabian