Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fabian Grodek Fabian Grodek is offline

Default UNSAVED: VBA Project

Hello Frank,
That was a very good wild guess !!! Although my add-ins are not password
protected, my problem was indeed solved by uninstalling GDS.
Many thanks!.
Regards,
Fabian

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
just a wild guess: Do you have the Google Desktop Search tool installed?. If
yes see:
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...top/trackback/

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Fabian Grodek wrote:
I have an Excel file (let's call it MyFile.xls) that references to
another one called library.xls. When I open MyFile.xls it opens
library.xls (as expected...).
The problem appears when I close MyFile.xls. After I close it (either
saving it or not), I can still see it listed in the "Project
Explorer" window in VBA. If I check the references for library.xls,
one of the listed items is: UNSAVED: VBAProject, with its check box
unselected.
If I open MyFile again and then close it, I find two similar items
UNSAVED: VBAProject in the References form and two instances of this
file in the "Project Explorer" window (and so on as the times I open
and close the file).
If I try to close the file library.xls I get the Excel message:
"The workbook is currently referenced by another workbook and cannot
be closed".
Why are the files I already closed still appearing in the Project
browser window?
I hope I was clear enough.
Thanks in advance.