Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I bring up a seperate program with macros? Hit a button and b.

I would like to add a button that when selected, opens up a totally
seperate program on my computer. Is this possible? I have a spreadsheet
that relies on data from different sources. When filling out the
spreadsheet, I would like to be able to simply click and the information
source software is initiated.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
in the VBA help look for Shell

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Jack Webb" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I would like to add a button that when selected, opens up a totally
seperate program on my computer. Is this possible? I have a spreadsheet
that relies on data from different sources. When filling out the
spreadsheet, I would like to be able to simply click and the information
source software is initiated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jack

"Just the facts, ma'am"

Use the "shell" command.

Sub CharMap()
Dim taskID As Variant
On Error Resume Next
taskID = Shell("start charmap.exe")
If Err < 0 Then _
MsgBox "CHARMAP.EXE is not installed on your machine."
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP