Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default experience with Oracle Objects for OLE

Does anyone here have experience using Oracle Objects for
OLE?

I've downloaded it from the Oracle website, and it works
fine; I have it pulling things into Excel.

However, I am interested in having a list of the various
properties and methods that the objects have, and some
corresponding documentation.

I don't see that with the product downloaded from Oracle
(though it might be there, and I just didn't see it).

Has anyone worked with OO4O ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

a list of the various properties and methods that the
objects have, and some corresponding documentation.

I found the help files with a Windows Explorer search just
now.

If anyone has experience working with Oracle Object for
OLE though, I'd still be interested in hearing about your
opinions.

Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have this book from Wrox which I've found useful in the past.
I've not used OO4O much - the main problem for me is the requirement
for installation, whereas every machine I work with will have ADO for
sure.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

In my time using ADO I've not come across any situations where I
needed OO4O for some particular functionality not found in ADO.

Tim.

"mark" wrote in message
a list of the various properties and methods that the

objects have, and some corresponding documentation.

I found the help files with a Windows Explorer search just
now.

If anyone has experience working with Oracle Object for
OLE though, I'd still be interested in hearing about your
opinions.

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the info, Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd just like to say that I'm in the same boat.

Of the 5+ years I've been developing on an Oracle database, I've never
needed functionality more than what ADO provides.
ADO and both Oracle and Microsoft providers for OracleDB have been nice and
stable for me.

That said, I've no experience with OO4O - so I may be missing some good
features.