sandage_2000

Default Experience with VERY large worksheets

I am just curious -- WHY are you using Excel instead of a database program?
Usually you can import a database program into Excel for various things where
only certain parts of the database is being used at the time. Sorry -- just
never knew anyone to use Excel for large things like you are doing -- usually
persons use database programs (like Access). One nice thing about having
Excel and Access in the office group is they interact with each other -- just
like they do with word, etc. Judy M.

"hce" wrote:

Hi

Are you using pivot tables...??? If you "inserted" new data in the
"wrong" way, the file will grow crazy in size... I once had an
experience where it grew from 6mb to 100mb...!!! but I was able to
reduce it back to the normal size when I re-did how I inserted the new
data...

Another possible reason for the size is the unused range... Have you
tried deleted the unused range...???

LAst possible reason could be that you are using non english fonts...
such as korean characters... if yes, then the file would be bigger
too...

hope it helps...

cheers

--