Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Does anyone have any experience with the Forms Toolbar?

I'm trying to re-create a worksheet that I have in an inherited Workbook.
It's a drop down box, in a "Dialog Frame". I'm able to recreate the drop
down box form, but I can't duplicate the dialog frame or worksheet format.
It appears as though this was created using the Forms toolbar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It basically looks like a dialog box out of any MS Office application, this
one has a drop down box and "OK" and "Cancel" buttons. The only reason I
know it's called a Dialog Frame is when I click on it, "Dialog Frame 1"
appears in the Name Box.

The worksheet itself is also very different, it doesn't have any column or
row headers (nor can I can add them in the tools, options, section as they're
greyed out), and it doesn't have normal grids, and you can't zoom or
format/edit colors. In VBasic it's referred to as a DialogSheet.

Thanks

"bhazelw" wrote in message
I'm trying to re-create a worksheet that I have in an inherited Workbook.
It's a drop down box, in a "Dialog Frame". I'm able to recreate the drop
down box form, but I can't duplicate the dialog frame or worksheet format.
It appears as though this was created using the Forms toolbar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you on a worksheet or a dialog sheet?

If it's really on a worksheet, I could get that dialog frame by doing this:
Rightclick on a worksheet tab and choose Insert|MS Excel 5.0 Dialog
(Now I can see a dialog sheet.)
Then window|New window
Then Window Arrange|horizontal

On the top window, I activated a worksheet
On the bottom window, I activated that dialog sheet

Then I just selected that dialog frame and dragged it to the worksheet window.

(And then closed the bottom window by using selecting it and hitting ctrl-w)

I'm not sure what you want to do with it after you have it on the worksheet,
though. These things make much more sense in a dialog sheet than a worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much Mr. Peterson, that's exactly what I needed.

I had some active Dialog sheets that I've been able to tinker with, I just
hadn't been able to create them on my own.