Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Making a PDF-file

Hi,

can anyone tell an easy way to write a pdf-file in stead of printing to the
printer. Now, I do it manually (print to file, give a filename, then with
distiller make a pdf), but for 1000 documents, it takes a long time...

Thanks
Jos Vens

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jos,

I use PDF995 (www.pdf995.com). You just set your active printer
to point to the PDF995 "printer" and print the workbook.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Jos Vens" wrote in message

can anyone tell an easy way to write a pdf-file in stead of
printing to the printer. Now, I do it manually (print to file,
give a filename, then with distiller make a pdf), but for 1000
documents, it takes a long time...

Thanks
Jos Vens

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Question for you. I downloaded the software and it works great. I assume you
paid the $10 or $20 and bought a licence to keep the advertising from popping
up. Is there a method of designating the save as name and location. I have
been asked to take an Excel spread sheet and save each individual sheet as a
serperate PDF. That will require a loop and the ability to automate the save
as function.

Thanks in Advance...

"Jos Vens" wrote in message

can anyone tell an easy way to write a pdf-file in stead of
printing to the printer. Now, I do it manually (print to file,
give a filename, then with distiller make a pdf), but for 1000
documents, it takes a long time...

Thanks
Jos Vens

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chip,

same question as Jim: my sheet is fixed, but data change, so when I print my
1000 sheets, I have to save as another name as the sheet is
(I could rename the sheet when printing?)

another problem is: it prints in black and white. When you choose a color
ps printer an go with distiller, then you have a color pdf.

Jos Vens

"Chip Pearson" schreef in bericht

"Jos Vens" wrote in message

can anyone tell an easy way to write a pdf-file in stead of printing to
the printer. Now, I do it manually (print to file, give a filename, then
with distiller make a pdf), but for 1000 documents, it takes a long
time...

Thanks
Jos Vens

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming