Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Saving an external file without making it active

Hi all,

I have a userform in one file that is used as a frontend to place data
into cells of an opened external file. When I click on a save control
on this userform I wish for it save this external file without first
making the external file active.

Something like:

"ExternalFile.xls".Save

Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jenna,

Private Sub cmdSave_Click()
Workbooks("ExternalFile.xls").Save
End Sub

Rob

"JENNA" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

I have a userform in one file that is used as a frontend to place data
into cells of an opened external file. When I click on a save control
on this userform I wish for it save this external file without first
making the external file active.

Something like:

"ExternalFile.xls".Save

Thanks for any help